Tomatoes : Growing , Caring, Maintaining…
You are in the right place if you want to grow tomatoes at home healthy or fresh . If you want to grow easily , then follow these tips. Everybody wants to eat fresh vegetables .Even if you don’t have any space or have a passion to grow vegetables , then you can grow them in the containers. We can grow a lot of veggies in the containers and there is one of the vegetables is tomatoes . so, today i will tell you how to grow tomatoes in the containers .
1. Choose correct containers :First you need to select the pot, it should in a big size. If the pot gets too big then the root will be developed more. You can also use fabric bags instead of plastic containers . Pot size should 24 inch in diameters . Nowadays fabric containers are also available online , so you can also buy those for vegetables gardening . Plastic pots are not good because its provide heat to the roots you can use only clay pots or fabric containers . Avoid plastic pots .
2. Select height quality seeds : You should use always high quality seeds . Hybrid seeds gives us best fruits . Mostly all of the seeds are grown which we sow . You can sow the seeds in the seedling tray its easy to maintain . When its grow 3 to 4 inches then you place in the pots .
3. location : At least 5 to 6 hours sunlight needs everyday . You can place all the pots in groups because they can maintain the moisture level . You can create a humidity around the plants so, they feel better atmosphere . So select those area which plants maintain their moisture or air circulation too. Sometimes our expectation failed because of atmosphere, we can’t provide those environment which plant have to need .
4. Soil balance : Potting mix of soil must be well drainage . You can use manure in the potting mix high nutrients required for vegetables plants . In summers you mulch top of the soil . Its help to maintain the moisture all around the plants.
5. Season for seedling : Late spring or early summer you can sow the seeds . Sow the seeds in the coco peat because its hold the moisture . It is very soft so seeds germinate easily. Keep in mind when you put the seeds you should maintain the gap 1 inch distance . when all the seed set in position then you cover it with coco peat and spread a coco peat very thin layer. You give water with the spry. It is easy if you use germination tray .
6. Transplantation : When seeds will grow 4 to 5 inch tall you can shift in the pot. Center of the pot you can placed it.
7. Punching: When plant grow 7 to 8 inches long you pinched it from the tip. Every 5 to 6 inches gap you can pinched the stem from the tips more stems have more fruits .
8. Fertilizers : Tomatoes needs more phosphorus and nitrogen . You should give manure its fulfill of nitrogen . Gives liquid fertilizers in regular basis after 15 to 20 days gap. NPK is also best fertilizer for tomatoes, NPK have nitrogen , phosphorus or potassium. Micro or macro nutrients you can also gives .
9. Add supports: Use strings ,trellis, tall stakes, etc. Support is very important for tomatoes plants . When fruits size is increasing day by day they needs supports so you can tie a strings for a hold . When plant branches grow long you can tie up with the stakes or strings . Bunches of fruits hold the strings and grow easily.
10.pesticides : homemade pesticides (Neem oil , Soap spray ,Chilly powder spray etc )
11.harvesting: Harvesting time 100 to 140 days from seeds to fruits developed . When fruit is ready to harvest cut them with scissor .
GROW TOMATOES AT HOME AND EAT IT………………..
IF YOU LIKE MY POST THEN SHARE YOUR FRIENDS ….